17 October 2008

bread and pierogi

A quick update until my schedule doesn't have me on 12 hour days...

Please pray for my continued adjustment. I am experiencing some culture shock and it is adding a lot of stress to an already busy schedule. I have experienced many emotions so far and will continue to do so until I become a little more settled. My apartment is coming together slowly, I have started language lessons (which can be frustrating sometimes!) and am learning my way around where I live and how to do things when I don't speak the language. I point and say "prosze" (please) a lot. The lady at the bakery and the man at the pierogi place see me come through the door and start pointing to bread on the shelf or holding up fingers to ask how many I want... maybe soon I can actually tell them what I need instead of not having a clue how to say it!

I have met a few people and have started to get to know them some. Pray for those interested to be open to further conversations and for God to begin working in their lives.

Love and miss you all - 
Kay

1 comment:

Erin said...

Glad to read your update! I dreamed about you the other night... Loves and prayers.