20 February 2009

Another Snowy Day in Warsaw

It's been snowing...for days now. It started on Friday (the 13th). I've never had a bad Friday the 13th before, but this one was. First off, I lost my metro card with over a month still left on it. Not only did I lose it, but I lost it the day it began snowing....and it kept snowing and keeps snowing!

I've decided there's no hope for my poor metro card - oh well, such is life!

However, over the past few days as I wake up to big white, soft looking flakes, the snow has accumulated to a pretty nice height on my porch. It was flawless....a blanket of white splendor. I thought, "hmm, I should take a picture of this" .....then my doorbell rings. It's my language teacher ready to start lessons.  So we do. 3 hours later I had forgotten all about the photo I wanted to take until I looked out my window at my still perfect, snow-covered porch while I prepare lunch. 
"oh, I'll get the photo after I finish eating" I think to myself. 

Nope. Within minutes, I look back up and there are 2 lines of bird feet prints! "What!? Why?" Saddened, I continue working and look up now to see 4 lines of prints, now going in all directions. Then I spotted the culprits! 2 pigeons have decided to explore my balcony for a bit. I watch them roam around for a while and shake my head. "There goes the one beautiful bit of untouched snow left..." 
So, you get to enjoy the bird prints with me. At least something got to enjoy the snow! I have been tempted though to go outside and make a small snowman with what's there. And for those of you who know me and how I don't really like the snow, that's saying something! 

Fortunately, clear skies are in the forecast for the next few days but I fear snow will soon return on Monday. 

Otherwise, things are going well...we will have a time of worship and fellowship on Sunday together. Then, we are getting together for some FUN with the girls from English Club! Games? Movies? Food? who knows... Whatever it is, I hope a lot of laughter and smiles are included.

So with this I leave you... enjoy your warm, sunny days, rainy, cold or snowy ones... whatever the weather, whatever the temperature... have fun this weekend and find some smiles and laughter somewhere, dear friends!

No comments: