10 August 2008

back in VA!

Hey!

So I am finally back in VA and doing well. I flew in on Tuesday, unpacked, had dinner and began reading through material provided to us. We jumped in almost immediately the following morning and have been in seminars and such ever since then. I will have a TON to do while I am here!

Briefly, we have gone over some of the basic "need-to-know" medical info, forms, location of buildings/meetings and spiritual encouragement. We had an opportunity to spend 3 hours with the Father one afternoon...I had no idea how he would speak to me or what He would say. I can tell you that I was able to clear my thoughts, focus on Him and His purpose for me in the next 8 weeks and following. He helped me confront some of my fears/concerns about going into the field and provided scripture after scripture showing that HE is Lord, that HE knows best, and that HE will always provide for his children. 
1 Peter 3:15 says, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." 

I am looking forward to the coming weeks and to see what is in store. I have been able to make so many new friends and meet people who have a heart for the nations...who have the same Spirit and same desires as I do. It is encouraging for me to be part of the second largest orientation in the history of this program and the orientation with the most adults ever! Praise God for He is good!

Some areas in which you can pray:
1. Focus in sessions
2. My time with the Father will be fruitful
3. that I can get everything accomplished that I need to while here.
4. That God would continue to mold me in His likeness
5. for hearts of the Polish people I will come in contact with to be softened

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Yeah! Glad to hear what your up to. We will be praying!

Unknown said...

Hey Kaylin ... My hope is that all is well with you. Please continue to post you're prayer requests as time permits. May the Lord bless your time and efforts as you labor for his kingdom. You are equally missed!

- Abraham