23 August 2008

Hello everyone! 

So another week has gone by and I really can't believe it. I have sent out my first update email (aka, if you didn't get it and want it, let me know). 

This week things finally started to mesh together in my head. Yeah, I definitely had a few "oohh - that makes sense now" moments. We have started studying what Church Planting Movements are and basic methods used. It's actually quite simple and interesting how a church is started and taught to multiply within their communities as they share the gospel. 

We had one session that was awesome where we did some role-playing. We were in small groups and selected 2 as "sent-out ones". They left the room and came back to the group and tried to find who was a person of peace - one who is willing to hear the gospel. 
Those who stayed acted either hostile to the foreigners, were only interested in learning English, or wanted a ticket to America. I played someone who wanted to learn English first and then was a "sent-out" one the second time. 
During the second one, my roommate here was hostile to the foreigners (me). I definitely got kicked in the butt about four times and had my jacket pulled off in an attempt to act as a pick-pocket. She definitely got a kick out of the whole thing as we spent the next 5 minutes laughing. 
By the way, my roommate is totally awesome and is always a lot of fun.
Friday, she did a show at a local coffee shop. About 50 or 60 people showed up creating a great atmosphere. It was a nice chance to get off campus.



Aside from that, today we had an 8 hour ESL session. I learned how spitting gold fish into a cup can help you make certain sounds and that the test I took today about how I learn best put me in a group that apparently doesn't exist. I'm yellow, green...I like order but want to please everyone. I need acceptance to learn yet it's gotta be structured. According to our teacher, they are opposites and can't exist in one person... maybe that explains some things about me...hahaha

So I hope that you all have had a blessed week. Just remember, God is good and answers everything in his own timing.

Prayer Requests:
- Pray that God will continue to mold me and prepare my heart for service.
- That God will begin to work in and soften the hearts of the Polish people I will be meeting soon.
- That I will continue to spend time growing in His Word daily.
- That God will give me the ability to focus and retain the information we are given.
- That God will give me opportunities even here to proclaim the name of Jesus Christ boldly and share the Gospel message.

Love you all!
Kay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good! I can't wait to see what He does in your life during the next few weeks.

Z Bogiem,
Ted

cosas del mar said...

thank you for explaining to me aperture and f-stop :) it has been a fun couple of weeks with you!