24 November 2009

Pumpkins and Photos!

So as you all probably remember, last year I decided I wanted to learn how to make a pumpkin pie from scratch. Everyone enjoyed it and I just couldn't help myself so we did it again this year!

We combined photo club with the event. Those who were interested in learning how to tell a story through pictures, had an opportunity to document what went on as well as participate in the process. The following Tuesday during our English Club/Photo Club, we gathered all the images and put them together in a series to tell the story.

We did have our minor glitches as a number of people were unable to come because they got sick. The others ended up showing up almost an hour later than expected although it all turned out fine...we just started later!

I wanted to share a short slideshow of clips I put together from the evening. I hope you enjoy it!



And, as a little humor clip... someone sent this to me in an email. I can't find the original source, but it was titled "how the pumpkin pie was born". I got a kick out of it!
If you are interested in knowing how we did it, there is a great website that we used both years. Click here or go to http://www.pickyourown.org/pumpkinpie.php to check it out and see all the other awesome cooking and canning information she has!

No comments: